Magnesium cast metal
Magnesium is strong, hard, and fully recyclable, making it the ideal alloy to save weight when you don’t want to sacrifice durability.
Looking for Lightweight Die Castings? Talk to our engineering team about how to utilize magnesium.
Advantages of Magnesium Die Castings
There are many benefits to casting with magnesium. Magnesium is not only the lightest of all structural materials, but also has an excellent stiffness and strength-to-weight ratio. In addition, it has excellent EMI and RFI shielding properties, making it ideal for connectors and electrical enclosures. It is also used in medical and laboratory equipment to prevent other interfering signals in hospital rooms.
Did you know that magnesium is very cost-effective compared to many engineering thermoplastics?
Other advantages of magnesium die castings include:
High electrical conductivity; electrical and thermal
Can withstand high operating temperatures
High dimensional accuracy and stability
Excellent Thin Wall Capability
Good environmental corrosion resistance
good finishing properties
Can magnesium be die cast?
Magnesium die castings can be designed with thin walls in areas with low strength requirements and thick walls in areas with high strength requirements. Magnesium can be cast with thinner walls (1-1.5 mm) than aluminum (2-2.5 mm). Stiffness disadvantages of magnesium versus magnesium.
Magnesium (Mg), with a specific gravity of 1.74 g/cc, is the lightest commonly used structural metal. Alloy AZ91D offers the highest strength commercially available magnesium die casting alloy. Alloys AM50 and AM60 are used in applications requiring good elongation, toughness and impact resistance, as well as reasonably good strength and excellent corrosion resistance. Magnesium also offers longer die life than aluminum and exhibits the best machinability of any group of commercially available metal alloys.
Alloy AZ91D offers the highest strength commercially available magnesium die casting alloy. Alloy AZ91D is the most widely used magnesium die casting alloy. Is a high-purity alloy with excellent corrosion resistance, excellent castability and excellent strength. Corrosion resistance is achieved by imposing strict limits on three metallic impurities (iron, copper and nickel).
Alloy AM60 is used in applications requiring good elongation, toughness and impact resistance combined with reasonable strength and excellent corrosion resistance.
Magnesium alloys are widely used in life, such as automobiles, drones, bicycles and other industries. Please contact us if your project also applies to magnesium alloys.
- Magnesium mountain bike frame makes you ride easier
- Are you familiar with bicycles? I guess everyone is familiar with it. In the 70s and 80s, bicycles were one of the necessary tools for people to travel, but do you know what materials it is made of? It is made of carbon fiber, magnesium alloy, aluminum alloy and other...
- What is OEM High Pressure Die Casting Magnesium Alloy Frame…
- Today we think of aluminum as a lightweight material, but what if we told you that there is a material that is 30% lighter than aluminum? Probably one of the best materials for car frames. As the world strives to reduce emissions and improve the performance of lightweight materials used...
- The strength of China die casting companies
- We often receive information from designers or buyers who are often unsure if their project requires to die casting or other processes. Often, with a good design review process, we can recommend that the part be used as a die-cast with other components assembled on the initial part, in order...
- Chinese die-casting and non-ferrous foundry enterprises are…
- With the advantages of China's non-ferrous metal storage capacity and the improvement of die-casting technology and industrial upgrading, Chinese die-casting enterprises are scrambling to embark on the road of globalization. Due to the excellent quality, good supporting services and affordable prices of Chinese products, China has established long-term and stable...
- World Automotive Parts Magnesium Die Casting Market 2020-20…
- The global automotive parts magnesium die casting market is expected to register a CAGR of 9.55% during the forecast period. The market studied is primarily driven by the expanding automotive market, increasing penetration of magnesium die casting parts in industrial machinery, growing electric mobility, and the employment of magnesium...
- Magnesium-aluminum alloy auto parts: Where are cars used?
- Magnesium-aluminum alloy auto parts are becoming more and more common in automobiles. They are commonly used in body, engine and suspension systems. Magnesium-aluminum alloy has high strength and light weight, making it a good choice for auto parts. 1. Magnesium-aluminum alloy auto parts are becoming more and more popular in...
- Magnesium alloy car dashboard is one of the latest material…
- There's a new trend in car interiors, and it's all about magnesium alloy. Magnesium alloy is being used more and more in car dashboards, and for good reason. It's strong, lightweight, and corrosion-resistant, making it a perfect material for car parts. What are magnesium alloy car dashboards, and what are...
- Application of Die-cast Metal Parts of Magnesium Alloy Rigi…
- The density of magnesium alloy is 1.7, which is only 21% of steel and 60% of aluminum alloy. The advantages of light weight are very obvious. In addition, magnesium alloys have a series of advantages. In bicycle applications, they have high rigidity and high bending resistance; excellent shock absorption, and...
- Magnesium alloy die-casting wheel for ebike
- Magnesium alloy die casting auto parts transfer case
- Magnesium alloy die-casting rigid fork for bike
- Magnesium thixomolding parts UAV housing
- OEM high pressure die casting magnesium alloy wheel for e-bike
- Magnesium alloy die-casting auto parts center control cover